This will be your workplace
Start date: in consultation Location: Arnhem Working hours: 40
This will be our challenge
TenneT is growing fast to realize its strategic ambitions. We play a leading role in driving the energy transition. Recruitment of new talent plays a crucial role in this growth ambition. We are looking for a passionate Risk Manager who will contribute to this and that might be you?
Your contribution to TenneT
As a Project Risk Manager you will support our large projects by identifying, prioritising, coordinating, managing/recording and monitoring the project risks and organising and facilitating risk sessions (workshops, interviews, etc.); in addition, you will ensure good risk awareness within the project and provide the project teams with reports on these risks.
• Within the framework of TenneT's project risk management policy you will implement, develop, manage and where possible improve the existing project risk management system and associated tools in close collaboration with the project teams
• You organize and facilitate periodic risk sessions, evaluating and analysing the resulting risks; you assess the quantified budget and schedule related impact of these risks helping the project team to prioritise mitigating strategies
• You monitor and analyse the status of risks and the progress of measures advising project management on potential follow-up actions; you have a supporting and advisory role towards the project leads in making important choices
• You are responsible for the design and maintenance of risk management processes and procedures within the project, including coordination with contractors on this subject
• You make the connections between the strategic, departmental and project risks and provide input for the reporting and analysis of risks at TenneT's project portfolio level
• You actively participate in the corporate Project Risk Management specialist group, consisting of the project risk managers of all onshore and offshore projects in TenneT; you contribute best practices and your knowledge of national and international developments regarding project risk management within large infrastructure projects, suggest improvements, provide input for the further development of TenneT's project risk management policy, ensure its uniform implementation and inform management and project teams
• As a Risk Manager you are part of a cross border Business Guidance team and report hierarchically and functionally to the Lead Project Risk Management and operationally to the related project’s Financial Project Lead
Your Profile and background
• Your educational background is (for instance) in Business Administration/Economics or Industrial Engineering
• The position requires several years of relevant job experience with a proven track record in risk management, preferably within large infrastructure Projects
• You can keep track of the ‘big picture’ and are capable of managing several projects at the same time; you respond adequately to developments inside and outside TenneT in relation to risk Management
• You have coordinating and moderating skills just like expertise in communication, reporting and presenting on various levels in the organization
• You are organised, a team-player, pro-active, an excellent networker and the living example for ownership, connection and courage
• You create engagement and ensure knowledge sharing in the organization
• A strong intrinsic motivation to drive continuous improvement and business excellence distinguishes you from others
• Hands-on experience in using risk management tools like Active Risk Manager and performing Monte-Carlo analysis on time and budget
• You speak and write both Dutch and English fluently – German would be a plus
Our selection process consists of two interviews and in some cases an assessment.
For further questions regarding the recruiting process please contact:
People | Talent Acquisition
+31 (0)6 42524502
For questions relating to the position:
Due to the international character of our organisation we would like to request for a resume in English.