This will be your workplace
Start date: in consideration with candidate, but preferably as soon as possible. Contract: starting with a one year contract with the intention of transforming this into a permanent contract after the first year. Weekly working hours: 40 hours Working location is Arnhem. Large Projects Offshore Based on the Energie-akkoord, where the targets and intentions for the transition to a more renewable energy supply are set, the Roadmap Offshore wind energy 2030 and the ambition to realise additional windcapacity prior to 2030 a roll-out strategy is being prepared for the medium term, including the IJmuiden Ver (DC) projects. This results in a commitment for TenneT to realise at least 2x (with potential up to 5) 2GW HVDC Grid Connection Systems which bring the power from offshore wind-farms in the North sea to the Dutch electricity grid to be commissioned between 2028 - 2030.
This will be our challenge
TenneT is growing fast to realize its strategic ambitions. We play a leading role in driving the energy transition. Recruitment of new talent plays a crucial role in this growth ambition. We are looking for a passionate Project Lead Safety Health & Environment (SHE)
who will contribute to this and that might be you?
Your contribution to TenneT
(Sub) Project Lead SHE takes responsibility for the implementation and execution of the SHE/CSR System in the role of Employer (EPC contracts) in the project and implements, maintains and adapts the SHE and CSR policies. He / She steers and coaches the SHE personnel and executes SHE activities in the project.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Maintains and adapts the SHE/CSR System (tasks) in Project in accordance with TenneT SHE/CSR policies, (legal) requirements and permits in cooperation with Contractors. Ensuring compliance with SHE related laws and regulations and fulfilment in the project.
- He guides/coaches other project leaders and project members on SHE/CSR topics to ensure SHE/CSR implementation and integration throughout the project at all contractual and hierarchical levels.
- Encourages and implement a pro-active and intrinsic Project Safety Culture (‘ Safety needs our energy) as well as in the TenneT (IJmuiden Ver) Project as with Contractors. Focus on proactive measures to avoid all incidents.
- Influences, evaluates and adapts the SHE system over all Management levels from PD to the construction site level.
- Implements the Safety leadership principles, safety culture and the lifesaving rules within IJmuiden Ver.
- Sets up the project specific SHE and CSR execution strategy under consideration of the construction site ordinance, contract and the country specific behaviour of the contractor and documents it in the internal document system
- Takes care of SHE/CSR performance and negotiations in Tender and execution phase
- Identifies and controls the interfaces regarding SHE in the project and discuss that with the other PLs for the prevailing phases and segments
- Sets up the budget for SHE personnel, SHE services and SHE equipment and is budget responsible for that part.
- Ensures that the SHE statistics is in place and can be used as a steering tool together with the Hazard list.
- Takes care for SHE performance and needs in the Project team especially with the focus on the (Mental) Risk Assessment.
- Inducts, trains and supports in SHE related issues to the project team.
- In case of incidents he ensures incident notification, reporting and recording and executes iTask handling and after care.
- Close cooperation with other 2 GW projects in both NL and Germany
Your Profile and background
- Bachelor (HVK) or Master’s degree (MoSHE) in Safety Management, Safety or Environmental Technology, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or comparable
- Experience with offshore health, safety and environment management systems (ISO 14001 and/or 45001) as well as experience in one of the above mentioned professional disciplines
- Experience in preparation of SHE procedures or contractual requirements is a preference
- Team player contribution to an exceptional team cohesion
- Strategic thinker with hands-on mentality, consequently you have the ability to grasp new concepts quickly and to become acquainted with a range of topics
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated and you take responsibility and ownership
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing, as well as in one further language, preferably Dutch
- Strong willingness to learn and change
- Young potentials (capable of growing into a Project Lead role) are empathically invited to react
TenneT is a solid stable employer that shows high growth, performing a crucial role in society. A company with one of the biggest investment programs in the country and relations with a wide range of institutions. Within TenneT, Offshore Wind is one of the most revolutionary developments with an attractive long term outlook. TenneT is globally a top offshore grid developer, being the biggest investor in the energy transition. We offer a responsible function (job level 8 € 3.287-€ 6.746 gross a month on full time basis) within one of the most dynamic settings in the energy sector in a fascinating and dynamic international working environment.
TenneT NL offers a high profile and responsible function within an interesting and dynamic working environment. TenneT NL offers an excellent salary (TenneT NL level 8 ) with good secondary benefits, for instance more than 40 days of paid leave, a contribution of €60 to your health insurance and a contribution to your sports subscription. TenneT also offers good training and development possibilities.
In our online-application-form you can apply within only some minutes. Afterwards we screen your application and get back to you as soon as possible. Our selection process consists of two interviews.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
For further questions regarding the recruiting process please contact:
People | Talent Acquisition
T + 31 (0) 889368325
For questions relating to the position:
Large Projects Offshore | IJmuiden Ver
T + 31 (0) 6-53412946