This will be your workplace
Duty location is Arnhem The Netherlands.
This will be our challenge
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 23,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 42 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further. TenneT is a certified Top Employer, which means that we are demonstrably committed to creating the best working environment for our employees.
TenneT is making a major contribution to ensure that offshore wind farms are connected to the onshore high-voltage grid. These efforts are aimed at realizing the government’s vision of an accelerated transition to a sustainable energy supply. TenneT is fully committed to develop, build and manage grid connections from offshore wind farms to the onshore transmission grid. Grid Service Offshore is the Service Provider for these grid connections.
In 2020, the first two Dutch offshore substations, Borselle Alpha and Beta became operational.
In 2022, we expect to enlarge our assets with 2 new additional 700 MW AC offshore substations following with 4 more from 2022 through 2026. Within Grid Field Operations, which is a cross border organisation, an Operations and Maintenance department is set up for the Dutch offshore assets.
Grid Field Operations Offshore is currently searching for a dedicated Grid Connection Manager Offshore - Area West on a full time basis.
Your contribution to TenneT
* The Grid Connection System, our substation (power plant) at sea, distributing the energy of our customers offshore wind farms through our offshore platforms, HV Sea cables to onshore HV substations. Enabling the supply of green energy to the EU grid.
Do you feel challenged to manage this and execute plant management and work on project management approaches? Do you have a natural drive for leading growth, improving and professionalizing a team? Than please let us know!
You will manage the budget and risks for the planning, control and execution of operational and maintenance activities. You will take care of fault and incident management and are also fully engaged in operational readiness activities. You are in the midst of it all, leading your teams in calm and collective manner to align with a huge variety of external and internal stakeholders in a cross-border organization, whilst working with (inter)national partners.
General duties and responsibilities:
- Overall day to day operation, coordination of the (un)manned operation of all main and auxiliary systems on the offshore platforms, including connections to onshore grid;
- Prioritize, plan, execute and control all preventive and corrective maintenance and project execution activities in close cooperation with technical teams and relevant stakeholders;
- Prioritize, plan, execute and control operational readiness activities in close cooperation with technical teams, project departments (LPO), internal stakeholders within TenneT, customers and 3rd parties;
- Responsible for the overall budget, risks and quality of the respective grid connection system;
- Supporting the continuous improvement of operations & operational readiness activities, by analyzing and executing change;
- Supporting the well-being and growth of your team members, creating ownership and connection in high performance teams;
- Driving safety leadership by nature and commitment in your community.
- You will be working together with other Grid Connection Managers to ensure smooth and organized execution of all assigned assets;
- As Grid Connection Manager you will be leading teams with a functional responsibility to ensure asset availability and you will report to the Lead of Execution Management within GFO Offshore Operations.
Your Profile and background
- You have successfully completed a master degree, preferably with a focus on project management or in a technical or economic field of study with technical understanding. Alternatively, you have a comparable qualification;
- You have multiple years of experience in leading projects and/or (power) plants and/or operational readiness either in the energy sector, (offshore) oil and gas industry or other complex installations in an infra structural environment;
- Ideally, you already have experience in an offshore environment and feel comfortable in a highly dynamic environment and with lots of interface management;
- You have excellent teamwork skills and are preferably experienced in working with interdisciplinary teams;
- You have a high degree of assertiveness and initiative, are well-organised and goal-oriented;
- With a high degree of responsibility and quality awareness as well as your independent way of working, your work will support the maintenance of security of supply in offshore operations;
- You have very good communication skills in Dutch and English. German skills are an advantage;
- Known and familiar working with OneERP systems such as SAP;
- Preferably you have an offshore certification such as GWO, NOGEPA etc.
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible position within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package (job level Hay 18 with a max of Euro 9000 gross a month on full time basis incl 8% holiday payment) with excellent secondary benefits (a.o. performance bonus, EUR 60,- gross, health insurance allowance, good pension scheme) as well as good training and development possibilities.
In our online-application-form you can apply within only some minutes. Afterwards we screen your application and get back to you as soon as possible.