This will be your workplace
Duty station for this function is Arnhem.
This will be our challenge
TenneT is making a major contribution to ensure that offshore wind farms are connected to the onshore high-voltage grid. These efforts are aimed at realizing the government’s vision of an accelerated transition to a sustainable energy supply. TenneT is fully committed to develop, build and manage grid connections from offshore wind farms to the onshore transmission grid. Grid Service Offshore is the Service Provider for these grid connections.
In 2020, the first two Dutch offshore substations, Borselle Alpha and Beta became operational.
In 2022, we expect to enlarge our assets with 2 new additional 700 MW AC offshore substations following with 4 more from 2022 through 2026. Within Grid Field Operations, which is a cross border organisation, an Operations and Maintenance department is set up for the Dutch offshore assets.
Grid Field Operations Offshore is currently looking for a dedicated Operations & Operational Readiness Engineer on a full time basis.
Your contribution to TenneT
You like working in a challenging environment and in a growing organisation, working with your skills and expertise in Maintenance Management and Operational Readiness Management. You are a team player willing to learn and share knowledge within your team.
The Operations & Operational Readiness Engineer enables the execution of all preventive & corrective maintenance measures and assigned projects (detailed engineering, tendering & execution) for electrical, automation, cable, mechanical and structure systems, based on maintenance engineering plans and the project portfolio of the Dutch area.
As an Operations & Operational Readiness Engineer you are also deeply involved in operational and organizational readiness to take-over new project assets, which requires cooperation with project engineers and third parties, ranging from HAZID's and HAZOPS through to commissioning and hand over of systems and documentation.
Tasks and responsibilities Operations & Operational Readiness Engineer include:
- developing efficient and effective Maintenance Plans including Job Cards and Work Orders;
- managing the timely preparation, execution and administrative completion of maintenance activities and prioritization of these activities on platform and cable systems;
- budget accountability on cyclic maintenance, repair replacement and investment measures;
- routine monitoring and fault management process by coordination of required activities and organising or providing technical support;
- provide technical input and Lessons Learned to enable future safe and efficient operations and maintenance of existing and new assets;
- contributing to Maintenance Engineering activities in asset levels and organizational levels;
- assist Projects and Operations Readiness Teams in designing, building and commissioning of new Grid Connection Systems;
- natural ability to share knowledge and experience to improve processes and assets;
- -being a team player, supporting the Grid Connection Manager with Scope of work, Quality Assurance, Risks assessments and needed interfacing on all levels and departments;
- likes working within project management approach for executing the assigned work packages and Maintenance Plans for existing assets and on operational and organizational readiness to take-over new project assets into our organisation;
- has experience and is solution driven in unexpected fault management situations to get the asset components back up and running;
- if suited, member of the grid connection system (GCS) management steering team; working together in shared responsibility for the custodianship of the GCS for availability, budget, risk & quality
Your Profile and background
- Engineering degree on BSc or MSc level with at least 5 year of relevant working experience;
- Established and accepted technical leader, able to effectively work in multi-cultural (subcontractor) teams in both the on shore and offshore domain;
- Calm and collected, balanced interpersonal communication skills;
- Proficient in planning, organizing, coordinating, controlling and reporting of maintenance and repair work across a range of disciplines;
- Affinity with switching operations in high voltage installations;
- Solid technical background and any experience in the field of electrical (LV, HV, GIS) and / or mechanical systems (HVA/C, Foam and Gas Fire Fighting and other aux systems) and other offshore installations are interesting candidates;
- Language skills in both Dutch and English, verbal and in writing, at Level B2 (confident) or higher;
- Experienced in working in project environments;
- Relevant knowledge and experience in occupational safety and environmental protection;
- Knowledge of offshore regulatory conditions and legislation.
Proven cooperation and communications skills are essential. An offshore medical examination and a number of required trainings (GWO, etc.) must be performed with a positive outcome on a regular basis.
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible position within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package (job level 8 Cao TSO / Euro 3287 - 6500 gross a month on full time basis ) with excellent secondary benefits (a.o. 6% end of year bonus, EUR 60,- gross, health insurance allowance, good pension scheme) as well as good training and development possibilities.
You will be working both onshore and offshore. Offshore deployments and first line response (Storingswachtdienst) are an integral part of the job also support to projects outside the Netherlands, if needed.
In our online-application-form you can apply within only some minutes until. Afterwards we screen your application and get back to you as soon as possible. An assessment can be part of the application procedure. At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening