This will be your workplace
Location Netherlands. This role will require extensive travel, both on land and off shore, and will in require onshore office work as well as offshore deployment ranging from single day deployments up to bi-weekly rotations during extended periods of time. For the years 2022 onwards we expect structural offshore working scheme, based on 7 or 14 days rotation scheme depending of type of transport to the platforms.
This will be our challenge
TenneT is making a major contribution to ensure that offshore wind farms are connected to the onshore high-voltage grid. These efforts are aimed at realizing the government’s vision of an accelerated transition to a sustainable energy supply. TenneT is fully committed to develop, build and manage grid connections from offshore wind farms to the onshore transmission grid. Grid Service Offshore is the Service Provider for these grid connections.
In 2020, the first two Dutch offshore substation, Borselle Alpha and Beta became operational. In 2022 we expect to enlargen our assets with 2 new additional 700 MW AC offshore substations then following with 4 more from 2020 through 2026. Within Grid Field Operations, which is a cross border organisation, an Operations and Maintenance department is set up for the Dutch offshore assets. Grid Field Operations Offshore is currently looking for Offshore Installation Managers NL:
Your contribution to TenneT
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Preparing and managing safe maintenance operations on the cable systems and platforms by TenneT personnel, subcontractors, Wind Park Operators and Third Parties;
- Coordinating operations between offshore and on shore assets;
- Ensuring compliance to legislations and SHE-rules for internal and external personnel;
- In charge of the Permit To Access and Permit To Work system, providing a safe place to work, including electrical and mechanical lock outs and tag outs;
- Able to carry out work according to the nomination NPcWA (Werkverantwoordelijke);
- First line response (storingswachtdienst);
- On-site Emergency Leader in case of emergencies, ensuring safety of the personnel and assets, establishing and maintaining clear communication lines with the Crisis Manager;
- Natural ability to share knowledge and experience to improve the operational readiness of upcoming assets;
- Based on suitability, being a member of the grid connection system (GCS) management steering team for the custodianship of the GCS for budget & quality.
Your Profile and background
- Established and accepted safety leader, able to lead multi-cultural (subcontractor) teams in both the onshore and offshore domain during normal operations and in emergency situations;
- Calm and collected, balanced interpersonal communication skills;
- Proficient in planning, organizing, coordinating, controlling and reporting maintenance and repair work across a range of disciplines;
- Relevant experience with switching operations in high voltage installations, in line with the Offshore Electrical Safety standard, which is based on NEN ISO 3140 and NEN ISO 3840;
- Solid technical affinity, background and experience with electrical (LV, HV, GIS) and mechanical systems (HVA/C, Foam and Gas Fire Fighting and other aux systems) and offshore installations;
- Language skills in both Dutch and English, verbal and in writing, at Level B2 (confident) or higher;
- Skilled and experienced in offshore operations, including ship access and helicopter access, lifting operations and cargo handling on and near the platform;
- Relevant knowledge and experience in occupational safety and environmental protection;
- Knowledge of offshore regulatory conditions and legislation.
- Proven safety leadership capabilities are essential. An offshore medical examination and a number of required trainings (GWO, MOME) must be performed with a positive outcome on a regular basis
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible function within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. You will be working both onshore and offshore. Offshore deployments and first line response (storingswachtdienst) are an integral part of the job.
TenneT offers a competitive salary package (job level 9, salary range between EUR 3800 and EUR 7300) with excellent secondary benefits, as well as good training and development possibilities. Due to extensive travel, duty station for this function is home and a company car is provided. TenneT will perform a pre-employment screening and further security screening may follow.
In our online-application-form you can apply within only some minutes. Afterwards we screen your application and get back to you as soon as possible. Our selection process consists of one interview only.