Duty location: Arnhem, The Netherlands
Your tasks and responsibilities
Currently we are searching for our department Engineering & Services an Advisor Surveys (Arnhem / 1fte)
Currently TenneT is executing offshore route surveys for the roadmap 2030 projects (HKWb, TNW, IJV). As Advisor Surveys you are responsible for the coordination of these survey activities during the tendering, preparation, operations and reporting of the upcoming geophysical / geotechnical cable route survey works as well as the future UXO surveys.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Support the project in all aspects concerning any survey related activities, with a focus on offshore surveys done for cable route, cable design and cable Installation;
- Together with the TenneT cable project lead and the contract manager, managing the survey contract(s), focusing on technical matters;
- Support in coordination of offshore representatives during the offshore survey campaigns;
- Monitor the QA-QC process of the contractor including intermediate and ultimate results and deliverables, judge the (intermediate and final) results and advise the project Team;
- Collect and provide information to the 24/7 marine operations department (MOC) when necessary;
- Aligning with relevant authorities (if required);
- Aligning with survey experts and teams within Offshore NL/GER and various other departments within TenneT and taking into account lessons learned from other large Projects;
- Participate in meetings between TenneT and (sub)Contractors with regards to survey activities and reporting;
- Contribute actively to a safe working environment for yourself, your colleagues and contractors;
- Ensure compliance with deadlines, costs, quality and HSSE guidelines and documentation requirements.
- You have a Bachelor/Master degree in Geophysics, Geology or Hydrographic surveying;
- You have at least 5 years' experience with offshore geophysical and geotechnical surveys, preferable focused on cable installation and data Quality Control;
- You have experience with survey equipment and vessels required to perform geophysical and geotechnical surveys;
- Be able to guide the survey contractor and judge its performance, evaluate the (intermediate) results and optimise whenever necessary;
- You have experience in design processes of offshore cable routes.
- Business-fluent in spoken and written English;
- You prefer working in a structured manner;
- You have good communication skills, like to be connected and to work in a team;
- Within given tasks you have the ability of working independently and like to take ownership and make courageous;
- Working on site and also for German Projects in the North Sea is no issue (when required);
- You show initiative, you are persuasive, sensitive, aware of your stakeholders and capable of balanced judgment.
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible position within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package (job level 8 Cao TSO Euro 3287 - 6746 gross a month on a full time basis) with excellent secondary benefits (a.o. 6% end of year bonus, EUR 60,- gross, health insurance allowance, good pension scheme) as well as good training and development possibilities.
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 23,000 kilometers of high-voltage lines and 42 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors.
The energy transition and an aging onshore asset base have driven TenneT's investment portfolio for Germany and the Netherlands up to 35 billion in the coming decade. It is TenneT's responsibility to connect offshore wind farms to the high voltage grid on shore in the Netherlands and Germany. Within the NL offshore grid program, TenneT will realize – as a contribution to the National Energy Agreement for Sustainable Growth – offshore connections with a total capacity of 3,500 MW in the period until 2023. Additionally TenneT will develop 7 GW of offshore wind capacity pursuant to the Offshore Wind Energy Roadmap 2024-2030. In Germany offshore connections with a total capacity over 7 GW have been realized, exceeding the German goals. Another 3 GW is planned in Germany for the upcoming 7 years. The onshore challenge is consisting of the replacement wave caused by aging assets, which have e.g. led to the bay replacement program, and capacity growth to facilitate the energy transition.