Your tasks and responsibilities
As a technical specialist, you will take responsibility for the platform control systems of our offshore grid connection systems in cooperation with other teams and departments. You are a central point of contact on this topic. Additionally, you will work on further development of technical standards, ensure knowledge transfer and take measures that our assets are optimized for operation on a long term.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the control systems
- Supporting fault analysis in the system environment and creating task-related technical documentation for the operative units
- Ensuring set up and implementation of service contracts
- Updating of related operating instructions and specifications
- Participating in the maintenance plan engineering and the setup of work processes
- Contributing to the implementation of technical and organizational measures to ensure operational requirements as part of project work
- Coordinating your work with relevant teams from other departments and cooperate with service providers, authorities and associations
- Supporting the commissioning of control systems offshore and managing service providers
- Academic degree in electrical engineering or control system engineering, or comparable qualifications
- Knowledge of control systems, specific knowledge from Siemens and / or Mauell is an advantage
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience with common control systems and practical experience in support and maintenance of these systems
- Willingness to familiarize yourself with our control systems is necessary
- Vocational training to automation technology is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of the English language both verbal and in writing. Knowledge of the German language is a plus
- Experience with MS Office, knowledge of SAP (PM module) is a plus
- A team-orientated mindset and a high degree of independence, you take initiatives and reliability characterizes your way of working
- A driver's license and the willingness to travel within our grid network area, and possibly parts of Europe
- Offshore suitability is required
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible position, under the "CAO TSO", within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package (job grade 7, EUR 2.706 - EUR 5.719,-, on a fulltime basis) with excellent secondary benefits (38 or 40 days off, 6% end of year bonus, EUR 60,- contribution to healthcare insurance, good pension scheme) as well as good training and development possibilities. This work might require offshore deployment.
- An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
- At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
- Candidates from the so called 'pre-mobility group' prevail over other internal candidates when having sufficient capabilities. If anyone from the pre-mobility group applies within the prescribed period, the procedure will first be performed with this candidate.
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 23,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 42 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further. TenneT is a certified Top Employer, which means that we are demonstrably committed to creating the best working environment for our employees.
TenneT is making a major contribution to ensure that offshore wind farms are connected to the onshore high-voltage grid. These efforts are aimed at realizing the government’s vision of an accelerated transition to a sustainable energy supply. TenneT is fully committed to develop, build and manage grid connections from offshore wind farms to the onshore transmission grid. Grid Field Operations Offshore is the Operator for these grid connections.
The Discipline Engineering Team consists out of technical specialists (TS) who supply the organization within GFO-O and to LPO with detailed knowledge about certain systems and equipment’s for which senior engineering knowhow and expertise is required.