Your tasks and responsibilities
The Operating Engineer enables the execution of all preventive & corrective maintenance measures and assigned projects (detailed engineering, tendering & execution) for electrical, automation, cable and mechanical systems, based on maintenance engineering plans and the project portfolio of the Dutch area. Operating Engineers are deeply involved in operational and organizational readiness to take-over new project assets, which requires cooperation with project engineers and third parties, ranging from HAZID's and HAZOPS through to commissioning and hand over of systems and documentation.
- Developing efficient and effective Maintenance Plans including Job Cards and Work Orders;
- Managing the timely preparation, execution and administrative completion of maintenance activities and prioritization of these activities on platform and cable systems;
- Budget accountability on cyclic maintenance, repair and replacement and investment measures
- Routine monitoring and fault management process by coordination of required activities and organising or providing technical support
- Provide technical input and Lessons Learned to enable future safe and efficient operations and maintenance of existing and new assets
- Assist Projects and Operations Readiness Teams in designing, building and commissioning of new Grid Connection Systems;
- Natural ability to share knowledge and experience to improve processes and assets;
- Supporting the Risk Manager with the assessment of risks;
- Project Management approach for executing the assigned workpackages and Maintenance Plans;
- If suited, member of the grid connection system (GCS) management steering team; being member of a selfsteering team of 3, being responsible for the custodianship of the GCS for budget & quality
- Engineering degree on BSc or MSc level with at least 5 year of relevant work experience;
- Established and accepted technical leader, able to effectively work in multi-cultural (subcontractor) teams in both the on shore and off shore domain;
- Calm and collected, balanced interpersonal communication skills;
- Proficient in planning, organizing, coordinating, controlling and reporting of maintenance and repair work across a range of disciplines;
- Affinity with switching operations in high voltage installations;
- Solid technical background and experience with electrical (LV, HV, GIS) and / or mechanical systems (HVA/C, Foam and Gas Fire Fighting and other aux systems) and other offshore installations;
- Language skills in both Dutch and English, verbal and in writing, at Level B2 (confident) or higher;
- Experienced in working in project environments;
- Relevant knowledge and experience in occupational safety and environmental protection;
- Knowledge of offshore regulatory conditions and legislation;
- Preferably you are an expert in one or more technical areas such as AUX SCADA (Honeywell), Mechanical Systems and Structures, Life Saving equipment
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible position, under the "CAO TSO", within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package (job grade 7 or 8, EUR 3.122 - EUR 6.517,-, on a fulltime basis) with excellent secondary benefits (38 or 40 days off, 6% end of year bonus, EUR 60,- contribution to healthcare insurance, good pension scheme, company car) as well as good training and development possibilities. This role will require extensive travel, both on land and offshore, and will in require onshore office work as well as offshore deployment ranging from single day deployments up to bi-weekly rotations during extended periods of time.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening
Candidates from the so called 'pre-mobility group' prevail over other internal candidates when having sufficient capabilities. If anyone from the pre-mobility group applies within the prescribed period, the procedure will first be performed with this candidate
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 23,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 42 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further. TenneT is a certified Top Employer, which means that we are demonstrably committed to creating the best working environment for our employees.
TenneT is making a major contribution to ensure that offshore wind farms are connected to the onshore high-voltage grid. These efforts are aimed at realizing the government’s vision of an accelerated transition to a sustainable energy supply. TenneT is fully committed to develop, build and manage grid connections from offshore wind farms to the onshore transmission grid. Grid Service Offshore is the Service Provider for these grid connections.
In 2020, the first two Dutch offshore substation, Borssele Alpha and Beta became operational, with 6 additional 700 MW AC offshore substations following from 2020 through 2026. Within Grid Field Operations, which is a cross border organisation, an Operations and Maintenance department is set up for the Dutch offshore assets. Grid Field Operations Offshore is currently searching for an Operating Engineer: