Your tasks and responsibilities
The Offshore Technician/Supervisor (OTS) assists the Offshore Installation Manager during operations, executing maintenance activities on behalf of TenneT, and supervising maintenance activities and other operations executed by third parties. Depending on the scope of work at hand the OTS is the technical expert on site able to execute the work within his own technical expertise and able of technical assistance to colleagues and/or is coordination and supervising third parties. The OTS is part of preventive and corrective maintenance activities of TenneT or supervising electrical safety to third parties on the platform. The OTS ensures that all works are performed according to applicable rules and regulations, SLA's and Work Permits. The OTS replaces the Offshore Installation Manager as Emergency Response Leader in case of incapacitation of the Offshore Installation Manager, taking measures to ensure the safety of personnel and the installation.
- Preparing and supervising safe maintenance and operations on the cable systems and platforms by TenneT personnel, subcontractors, Wind Park Operators and Third Parties;
- Executing coordination between offshore and on shore assets;
- Ensuring compliance to legislations and SHE-rules for internal and external personnel;
- Supervision on the Permit To Access and Permit To Work system, providing a safe place to work including electrical and mechanical lock outs and tag outs;
- Able to carry out work according to the nomination of Skilled Person (Vakbekwaam Persoon) or NPcWA (Werkverantwoordelijke);
- First line response (storingswachtdienst);
- Acting as on-site Emergency Response Leader in case of incapacitation of the OIM, ensuring safety of the personnel and assets, establishing and maintaining clear communication lines with the Crisis Manager;
- Executing preventive, corrective and other work scopes on the offshore assets;
- Assist Projects and Operations Readiness Teams in designing, building and commissioning of new Grid Connection Systems;
- Natural ability to share knowledge and experience to improve processes and assets;
- Based on suitability, being a member of the grid connection system (GCS) management steering team; being member of a self-steering team of 3, being responsible for the custodianship of the GCS for budget & quality
- Accepted operational safety leader, able to lead small multi-cultural (subcontractor) teams in the off shore domain;
- Experience in planning, organizing, coordinating, controlling and reporting maintenance and repair work across a range of disciplines;
- Relevant nominations and experience with switching operations in high voltage installations in line with the Offshore Electrical Safety standard (based on NEN ISO 3140 and NEN ISO 3840);
- Solid technical background and experience with electrical (LV, HV, GIS) and mechanical systems (HVA/C, Foam and Gas Fire Fighting and other aux systems) and installations;
- Balanced interpersonal communication skills;
- Language skills in both Dutch and English, verbal and in writing at Level B2 or higher;
- Skilled in high voltage and low voltage operations, auxilliary systems and ship access and helicopter access to the platform;
- Relevant knowledge and experience in occupational safety and environmental protection;
- Basic knowledge of offshore regulatory conditions and legislation;
- Proven leadership capabilities are essential. An offshore medical examination and a number of required trainings must be performed with a positive outcome on a regular basis;
- To complete our team we are preferably interested in experts in one or more technical areas such as AUX SCADA (Honeywell), Mechanical Systems and Structures, Life Saving equipment and/or Commissioning of EOX systems
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible function, under the "CAO TSO", within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package (job grade 6, EUR 2706 - EUR 4953, on a fulltime basis),Â good training and development possibilities and excellent secondary benefits (39 days off, 6% end of year bonus, EUR 60,- contribution to healthcare insurance, good pension scheme, a company car when you exceed 20.000 km per year) as well as good training and development possibilities. This role will require extensive travel, both on land and offshore, and will in require onshore office work as well as offshore deployment ranging from single day deployments up to bi-weekly rotations during extended periods of time. This role will require extensive travel, both on land and offshore, and will in require onshore office work as well as offshore deployment ranging from single day deployments up to bi-weekly rotations during extended periods of time.
- An assessment can be part of the application procedure
- At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening
- Candidates from the so called 'pre-mobility group' prevail over other internal candidates when having sufficient capabilities. If anyone from the pre-mobility group applies within the prescribed period, the procedure will first be performed with this candidate
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 23,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 42 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further. TenneT is a certified Top Employer, which means that we are demonstrably committed to creating the best working environment for our employees.
TenneT is making a major contribution to ensure that offshore wind farms are connected to the onshore high-voltage grid. These efforts are aimed at realizing the government’s vision of an accelerated transition to a sustainable energy supply. TenneT is fully committed to develop, build and manage grid connections from offshore wind farms to the onshore transmission grid. Grid Service Offshore is the Service Provider for these grid connections.
In 2020, the first two Dutch offshore substation, Borssele Alpha and Beta became operational, with 6 additional 700 MW AC offshore substations following from 2020 through 2026. Within Grid Field Operations, which is a cross border organisation, an Operations and Maintenance department is set up for the Dutch offshore assets. Offshore is currently looking for Offshore Technician / Supervisors: