Your tasks and responsibilities
- As a Maintenance Engineer (m/w/d) in our Grid Field Operations Offshore (GFO-O) department you are responsible for the maintenance plan engineering for all of our Offshore Grid Connection Systems (GCS) in Germany as well as in The Netherlands
- You develop the overall offshore maintenance concepts as well as discipline-specific Maintenance Engineering Plans (MEP) and Job Cards based on the strategy from Asset Management and all relevant regulatory requirements
- Together with the team you are responsible for the definition as well as the continuous improvement of the corresponding E2E maintenance processes, with a focus on maintenance planned engineering based on our GCS portfolio
- In the context of the maintenance concept development you will work closely together with diverse stakeholders such as Operating Engineers and Service Technicians from the Execution Areas, Technical Specialists as well as Asset Managers
- You conduct lessons learned sessions and include the learnings in your daily work
- During the development of the MEP and Job Cards you actively work on the harmonization, standardization as efficiency of their underlying processes
- You are the central point of contact for maintenance plan engineering and you support your stakeholders on any possible questions
- In order to ensure the quality of your work and our targets, you conduct regular feedback-sessions
- As a Maintenance Engineer in our Offshore Operations you can have the following options as a specific focus area: - platform structure - electrical systems - mechanical systems - a wide technical field, due to diverse experiences and knowledge
- You have a university degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering or a similar field of engineering
- Your strength is transforming your ideas into concepts and you thereby enjoy working in a business area with a high level of dynamics
- You have a very high level of self-organization, you are target-oriented and well-structured
- You feel comfortable with, and you are a reliable partner in taking over tasks with a high impact on operative availability of our grid connection systems
- You identify yourself with our TenneT core values ownership, connection and courage and thereby focus on living them in your daily work
- You have an open and clear way of communicating which is tailored for the diverse stakeholders
- It's an advantage is you have experiences in cross-country cooperation and way of working
- As we are a cross-border team, next to Dutch your skills in the English language are on a very high level, whereas skills in the German language would be an advantage
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible position, under the "CAO TSO", within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package with excellent secondary benefits (40 days off, 6% end of year bonus, EUR 60,- contribution to healthcare insurance, good pension scheme) as well as good training and development possibilities. This role might require travel, both on land and offshore, and will in require onshore office work as well as offshore deployment ranging from single day deployments up to bi-weekly rotations during extended periods of time.
- An assessment can be part of the application procedure
- At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening
- Candidates from the so called 'pre-mobility group' prevail over other internal candidates when having sufficient capabilities. If anyone from the pre-mobility group applies within the prescribed period, the procedure will first be performed with this candidate
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 23,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 42 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Lighting the way ahead together. TenneT is a certified Top Employer, which means that we are demonstrably committed to creating the best working environment for our employees.
TenneT is making a major contribution to ensure that offshore wind farms are connected to the onshore high-voltage grid. These efforts are aimed at realizing the government’s vision of an accelerated transition to a sustainable energy supply. TenneT is fully committed to develop, build and manage grid connections from offshore wind farms to the onshore transmission grid. Grid Field Operations is the Service Provider for these grid connections.
Within Grid Field Operations, which is a cross border organization between Germany and the Netherlands, an Operations and Maintenance department is set up for the offshore assets.