This will be your workplace
You will be working in the Platform Services Team, which is part of TenneT's Information Technology & Facility management (ITF) department. Here we all work hard every day in a good atmosphere to support TenneT's business processes with IT. We always keep the perspective of the business in mind. Platform Services is responsible for keeping middleware services that support TenneT's primary processes up and running. Our IT applications therefore help to control the grid and guarantee grid safety.
This will be our challenge
It are exciting times at TenneT! As CI/CD team we see a bright energy future with our ultimate vision Tennet as code to "automate everything" as the mindset for true agility to drive the energy transition. Our mission is to accelerate continuous improvement, repeatability and transparency with a lightning fast CI/CD platform, with high quality built-in, shift security left by design and an energising developer experience. Our motto is "let's break the speed limit!".
Your contribution to TenneT
To make all this our new reality we will replace our existing portfolio of self-hosted, on-premise CI/CD tools with a modern CI/CD SaaS platform in public cloud, with on-premise deployments for critical applications within TenneT. We are currently in the midst of selecting and buying the CI/CD SaaS platform and want to kickstart rollout of this platform, starting Q1 2022 and onwards to offer a swift and smooth transition for all development / DevOps teams (approx. 150 developers).
Besides this your responsibilities are:
- You will align with architects, lead developers and engineers to identify improvements for the Developer Experience within TenneT
- You will define, design, develop, build and run cloud native CI/CD platform services and opionated pipelines that will be
- available on-demand, through self-service automation for DevOps teams
- fully documented, tested and secure
- high available, disaster resilient
- integrated with infra-as-code / config-as-code automation
- You will define standardized building blocks, provide suggestions and tools to help development decrease lead time
- You will ensure privacy and security are managed
- You will support lifecycle management, the SLA of the services, resolve incidents with the rest of the team
- You will actively migrate our development / DevOps teams from legacy CI/CD tools to our modern CI/CD SaaS platform
Your Profile and background
- Bachelor degree;
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Life Cycle Management, Release & Version Management
- A broad spectrum of CI/CD tools / platform, such as Jenkins,
Gitlab, Github and ArgoCD & other related open source tools in the development of services
- Programming/Scripting languages like Java, Python, Bash
- DevOps of managed services
- Container orchestration via Kubernetes
- Agile development, Scrum
- living in the Netherlands for approx. 5 yrs due to a in-depth background and security screening as set by the government.
You will receive an one year contract (with intention to extend to permanent) with excellent secondary conditions as regulated by the sector-CAO TSO such as:
- Indication of salary: €3.500,- - €6.500,- gross per month based on 40 hours per week (depending on knowledge and experience);
- 43 holidays;
- year-end payment (6% of gross year salary);
- contribution of € 60,- gross per month for health insurance;
- work from home allowance € 45,- net per month.
Corona or not, working from home and 'onboarding from behind your screen', you will not feel less welcome. Everyone is willing to help you.
At the moment we work 100% from home. However, as soon as we are allowed to return to the office, you will work at the office for approximately 50%.
- cv screening by recruitment
- 1st interview by Manager and teammember
- 2nd interview by teammembers
- Contract offer
- VOG & UVO screening
- Welcome at TenneT!