Duty station is Arnhem
Your tasks and responsibilities
You will join one of our multinational DevOps teams that transform innovative data science projects into high quality software solutions that are stable, secure and scalable. Technical innovation is facilitated and one of the key values within the project. We are committed to following an Agile way of working, with sprints and demos every two weeks, aiming for frequent releases of working software. You will cooperate with internal and external experts from different knowledge domains to discover and build the best solutions possible. Due to the phase of the Program we are looking for a senior Python developer.
- Design, build, test, deploy and maintain applications with proper performance, fault handling, logging and monitoring;
- Ensure the quality of deliverables by designing and implementing unit- and integration tests;
- Troubleshooting, analysing, and solving issues from tests as well as those reported by our customers;
- Suggesting improvements to our technical solutions and way of working, and implementing them in alignment with your team;
- Participate in team knowledge sharing, design reviews and technical reviews.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree from a technical IT faculty;
- Senior level professional experience in Python software development (at least 5 yrs);
- Deep understanding of design and cloud patterns;
- Experience with data ingestion, data storage, data processing and data security principles at scale;
- Demonstrable engineering experience in a largely Open Source environment. Technologies such as Kafka, Hadoop ecosystems (HDFS, Hive, Impala), Git, Jenkins, Docker are no mystery to you.
- You must have solid communication and cooperation skills in Dutch and English. Fluency in German is a plus;
TenneT offers a high profile and responsible function within an interesting and dynamic international working environment. TenneT offers an excellent salary with good secondary benefits. Last but not least we also offer good training and development possibilities.
You will receive a salary with excellent secundary conditions as regulated by the sector-CAO TSO such as:
- Salary indication: Scale 7, €3.232,- - €5.920,- gross per month based on 40 hours per week (depending on knowledge and experience);
- 43 vacation days;
- year end payment (6% of gross year salary);
- contribution of € 60,- gross per month for health insurance;
- flexible working hours and working at home is possible;
- You should expect a technical assessment or provide a Git repository of previous work at enterprise level.
- A VOG and UVO screening is part of the procedure.
TenneT has the strategy to facilitate the energy transition with the help of data and analytics. This is achieved through the development of the TenneT Data Platform (TDP). At the TDP, multiple DevOps teams are developing an extensive portfolio of innovative use cases.