Your tasks and responsibilities
As a Tactical Buyer you are part of the procurement department in the SCM-AC-IDC. SCM-AC-IDC means Supply Chain Management - Alternating Current – International Direct Category Management. It means with your job you contribute directly to TenneT’ purpose to ensure energy supply by enabling the projects for maintenance and the building projects of the TenneT electricity grid by procurement of direct materials and services like cables or construction works.
• You are responsible for the supplier selection & award process within the framework of the purchasing strategy
• You lead tenders and conclude (framework) agreements
• You advise the business in mapping and specifying the purchasing needs
• You actively conduct stakeholder management; You have insight into the influence, wishes, motives and intentions of suppliers that are of strategic importance to TenneT NL and you build and maintain the relationship in such a way that TenneT NL's purchasing interests are served as well as possible
• You actively seek cooperation with the (category) team and the business to contract the required products for TenneT within the frameworks
• If necessary, you could also be deployed for other projects within Supply Chain Management (SCM)
• You will of course consult and seek coordination with the other regional & district buyers as well as the category of buyers of the category in which you are active
• Single Point of Contact for a specific category for internal customers and for suppliers of the category tendering of framework agreements
• Monitoring supplier performance, quality and developing improvements strategies
- You have an Bachelor working and thinking level and a relevant degree in business administration or comparable fields of study or completed commercial education
- You demonstrate a high level of assertiveness, well-organized, self-starter, initiative taking (ownership), analytical thinking as well as hands-on mentality and being able to balance strong delivery focus and flexibility within the compliance framework
- Furthermore, you display very good communication, influencing and relation management skills and are able to adapt to a variety of audiences and stakeholders (on vertical and horizontal level), and to cope with e.g. conflicting interests and business needs
- You are fluent in English (both verbally and in writing) and good language skills in Dutch, German profficiency is of advantage
- 2 years' experience in procurement
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible function within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. You are a very important link in the current energy transition. In addition to the fact that you will play an important role in this, we offer you a position at a motivating and challenging company.
You will receive an one year contract (with intention to extend to permanent) with excellent secondary conditions as regulated by the sector-CAO TSO such as:
- Indication of salary: €2.801,- - €5.127,- gross per month based on 40 hours per week (depending on knowledge and experience);
- 43 holidays;
- year end payment (6% of gross year salary);
- contribution of € 60,- gross per month for health insurance;
- work from home allowance € 45,- net per month.
At the moment we work 100% from home. However, as soon as we are allowed to return to the office, you will work at the office for approximately 3 days and 2 days from home.
A VOG screening will be part of the selection process.
Closing date of this vacancy is on the 1 of July 2021!
Duty station for this function is Arnhem (NL). You are able and willing to travel to the various TenneT locations in The Netherlands and in Germany.
Supply Chain Management (SCM) supports TenneT’s business by defining, structuring and covering its needs for the goods and services necessary to realise its projects and maintenance work. SCM serves TenneT’s internal clients as well as establishing a better cooperation with our external suppliers. SCM will take a long-term view on the market, in order to help TenneT realise its strategic goals: delivering the huge investment portfolio as promised and to keep our security of supply as high as possible, by focusing on and developing high supply chain performance and reliability.