This will be your workplace
This will be our challenge
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 23,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 42 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further. TenneT is a certified Top Employer, which means that we are demonstrably committed to creating the best working environment for our employees.
TenneT is making a major contribution to ensure that offshore wind farms are connected to the onshore high-voltage grid. These efforts are aimed at realizing the government’s vision of an accelerated transition to a sustainable energy supply. TenneT is fully committed to develop, build and manage grid connections from offshore wind farms to the onshore transmission grid. Grid Service Offshore is the Service Provider for these grid connections.
In 2020, the first two Dutch offshore substations, Borselle Alpha and Beta became operational.
In 2022, we expect to enlarge our assets with 2 new additional 700 MW AC offshore substations following with 4 more from 2022 through 2026. Within Grid Field Operations, which is a cross border organisation, an Operations and Maintenance department is set up for the Dutch offshore assets.
Grid Field Operations Offshore is currently searching for a dedicated Lead
Electrical and Automations Systems - Field Operations Offshore on a full time basis.
Your contribution to TenneT
* The Grid Connection System, our substation at sea, distributing the energy of our customers offshore wind farms through our offshore platforms, HV Sea cables to onshore HV substations. Enabling the supply of green energy to the EU grid.
In the upcoming year(s) we will grow fast with new operational assets joining us.Do you feel passionate and challenged?
- When you managing technical skilled teams of engineers, offshore technicians and work preparers;
- Enabling strategic focus and day to day operation and maintenance;
- Driving for leading growth, improving and in professionalizing a team?
Than please let us know!
As the lead of the "Electrical and Automation Systems" team in the "Grid Field Operations Offshore - Execution Area West" you will be managing in a wide spectrum from a strategic planning level to the delivery of (detailed) engineering for execution of maintenance and project activities whilst developing your teams skills and competence, enabling high performance teams. You work TenneT wide and closely with other supporting departments and all kind of stakeholders ensuring the timely delivery and strategic outlook for your scope of work needed for managing your assets and staff.
General duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for core tasks as disciplinary leadership of the team and the development of the employees (Leadership) as well as the control of the tasks and processes within the team (Management);
- Manage maintenance and operations of the systems of the different grid connections within your responsibility;
- Support your team in developing knowledge and executing operational readiness activities to ensure proper asset handovers from projects into your teams custody and care for operations & maintenance;
- Supplying internally engineers and technicians to Grid Connection Teams who are responsible for planning and execution of operational and maintenance;
- Responsible for system specific required subcontracting to assure operations, maintenance and incident support;
- Supporting the continuous improvement of operations & operational readiness activities, by analyzing and executing change;
- You are driving implementation of shared business initiatives on Area and GFO offshore operations level;
- You are a member of the GFO offshore community Leadership team and thus actively contribute to strategy development and its implementation;
- You ensure a smooth operation with a strategic outlook together with other Leads of Execution and (technical) Systems and report to the Head of Execution Area within GFO offshore operations;
- You will be working together with other Grid Connection Managers to ensure smooth and organized preparation of workpackages and projects for execution on all assigned assets as well as aligning on operational readiness activities;
- You cooperate with our centralized cross-border offshore department for Projects Maintenance Engineering as your service partner for excellence, special services, specialist and guidance on wide variety of topics;
- You are connected to Large Projects Offshore aligning on future assets challenging and supporting Operational and Organizational Readiness aspects;
- You cooperate with Asset Management, Procurement, Finance and SHE departments regarding safety, strategies, budget and future developments and needs;
- You are responsible for the management of the team, especially in the area of motivation, inspiration, coaching and development of the employees;
- Supporting the well-being and growth of your team members, creating ownership and connection in high performance teams
- Driving safety leadership by nature and commitment in your community.
Your Profile and background
- You have a university or bachelor degree in technical studies or a related degree (e.g. electrical engineering, marine engineering, industrial engineering). Alternatively, you have a comparable qualification;
- You have a strong values-based leadership mentality - demonstrably with a practical and theoretical background;
- You have excellent communication skills and well-developed networking skills to address different groups of employees and stakeholders (at vertical and horizontal level);
- You also have excellent analytical skills, a structured way of working and a well-developed conceptual approach;
- You have several years of professional experience in a professional, preferably (offshore) international business environment as well as in project and stakeholder management, plant management advantageously in the energy sector;
- You embrace an active "DO" mentality also for yourself; picking up challenges in improving processes on all levels;
- You are a dynamic, enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated person who takes ownership and responsibility;
- You have very good communication skills in Dutch and English. German skills are an advantage;
- Known and familiar working with OneERP systems such as SAP;
- Preferably you have an offshore certification such as GWO, NOGEPA etc.
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible position within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package (job level Hay 18 with a max of Euro 9000 gross a month on full time basis incl 8% holiday payment) with excellent secondary benefits (a.o. performance bonus, EUR 60,- gross, health insurance allowance, good pension scheme) as well as good training and development possibilities.
In our online-application-form you can apply within only some minutes . Afterwards we screen your application and get back to you as soon as possible.