Your tasks and responsibilities
For our team within the department Grid Field Operations Offshore, we are looking for a driven and flexible Technical Specialist high voltage, to maintain the cables and detect failures. What can you expect?
- Development and the execution of cable maintenance activities and strategies of our offshore HV cable infrastructure
- Managing planning, tendering and support of service contracts for the maintenance and fault clearance of HV cable systems, as well as the creation and updating of Repair Preparedness Plans
- Carry out monitoring (DTS, DAS) and executing of recurring tests on cable systems (TDR, LIRA, etc.) as well as that you ensure compliance of permit requirements
- During cable faults, you are part of the Cable Repair Organisation and consult with your knowledge in fault detection and rectification
- Project control of agricultural land damage regulations on our land cables. You will also take ownership for the technical examination and approval of crossover applications from external companies for land cables
- Active contribution to a safe working environment for yourself, your colleagues and external contractors
- Academic degree in Electrical Engineering or a technical field of study with similar background
- Several years of professional work experience as a technical specialist of the maintenance and operation of HV cable infrastructure and ideally have proven knowledge of the offshore industry
- As our projects and teams are managed internationally, you should be fluent in English and preferably have good proficiency in German or Dutch
- You are mobile in terms of location / flexible in terms of time and show full commitment, especially during cable fault rectification
- At TenneT, ownership, courage and connection are at the heart of everything we do, therefore, these principles should also shape your way of working
- Suitability for offshore work according to the AWMF standard is required and will be examined by our company doctor
TenneT offers a high profile and responsible function within an interesting and dynamic international working environment. TenneT offers an excellent salary with good secondary benefits. Last but not least we also offer good training and development possibilities.
You will receive a salary with excellent secundary conditions as regulated by the sector-CAO TSO such as:
- Salary indication: maximum of € 6600,- gross per month based on 40 hours per week (depending on knowledge and experience);
- 40 vacation days;
- 6% end of year bonus
- 8% holiday allowance
- contribution of € 60,- gross per month for health insurance;
- flexible working hours and working at home is possible;
Duty station for this function is Arnhem, willingness to travel on frequent basis to the project area is required. An assessment can be part of the application procedure. At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
Team Project Engineering – Cable and Survey is responsible for the maintenance of the HV cable infrastructure of TenneT´s offshore grid connection systems in Germany and the Netherlands. We are a team of 10 colleagues consisting of Project Managers and Technical Specialists, all with cable and survey background working hand in hand to develop and execute our maintenance strategies and manage our contracting partners. With a strong connection to the Team Project Engineering, part of Grid Field Operations Offshore, we manage our technical projects, especially cable fault rectifications, based on international project management frameworks.“