This will be your workplace
Electricity markets are the core of the European electricity system. Sound market design supports the operation of an efficient and resilient electricity system at the lowest cost. The vision of the Customers & Markets (CMT) unit is to position TenneT as a thought leader in this context. This role requires courage, trust and intensive dialogue with our customers, other TenneT units and all relevant actors in the energy system. From April 2022 for the location Bayreuth/Germany or Arnhem/Netherlands.
This will be our challenge
TenneT is growing fast to realize its strategic ambitions. We play a leading role in driving the energy transition. Recruitment of new talent plays a crucial role in this growth ambition. We are looking for a passionate Advisor European Market Integration (all genders) who will contribute to this and that might be you?
Your contribution to TenneT
- At TenneT you will be working on change and actively shaping energy transition and contribute to security of supply
- As an expert in the field of the harmonization and integration of the European wholesale electricity markets, you understand the connection between the physical functioning of the electricity system, the commercial (inter)national trade in electricity, the policy context and the interests of the various stakeholders
- You identify (inter)national market developments and initiate improvements in the electricity market and relevant Dutch, German and European policies and Regulations in this area (e.g. the Clean Energy Package, the European Green Deal)
- You actively participate in developing a vision and strategy in the field of market development, particularly in the light of the energy transition, system security and further European market integration.
- You are a partner for TenneT's executive management in the context of (inter)national market developments
- You manage contacts with internal and external stakeholders in the electricity market, leading projects and promoting the TenneT vision both nationally and internationally by representing TenneT in national and international partnerships
- You identify improvements, execution and coaching as well as inspiring know-how transfer with the goal of evolutions and revolutions
- You will lead or participate in (inter)national projects / initiatives in the field of market integration and market design with internal and external parties
Your Profile and background
- You have an university degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Business Administration, Law or another relevant field
- You have knowledge and experience in the European energy sector, notably the electricity sector for more than 5 years
- You have demonstrable knowledge of the (international) wholesale electricity market and market principles
- Preferably a broad personal network with experts in the electricity sector, notably TSOs, NRAs, NEMOs and/or market parties
- Analytical and conceptual way of thinking combined with the ability to structure and condense complex topics
- Experience with stakeholder and project management and ability to align TenneT interests with those of external stakeholders
- Energy and ability to drive the market design initiatives contributing to an affordable and secure energy transition
- You are result-oriented, flexible, self-starting and have excellent communication and advice skills; you are also a real team player. You have a positive critical attitude, are environmentally sensitive and dare to speak out
- Fluent in English and in Dutch or German
- Able and willing for medium frequent business travel to the various TenneT offices and across Europe
In our online-application-form you can apply within only some minutes until 19. January 2022. Afterwards we screen your application and get back to you as soon as possible. Our selection process consists of one interview via webex only.
For further questions regarding the recruiting process please contact:
People | Talent Acquisition
T +49 (0)921 50740-4087
For The Netherlands:
People | Talent Acquisition
T +31 (0) 6 2214 8669