Your tasks and responsibilities
Purpose of the function Developing and applying technical specifications and solutions (or having them developed) and guaranteeing their technical quality. To this end, acquiring, developing and consolidating technical expertise within a dynamic international field, providing advice and ensuring that technical risks in existing and new cable connections are covered. To this end we work closely together with the maintenance department and fellow cable technologists in the Netherlands and Germany. What do you do as a Cable Systems Technologist at TenneT? You will provide technical direction by drawing up/developing and maintaining technical specifications at all voltage levels and direct the application of technical specifications within and outside the organisation. You play an expert role in your area(s) of focus within TenneT and actively promote this as a "knowledge connector" within knowledge platforms. You will working out the technical requirements of the equipment, participating in multidisciplinary teams for the analysis of quotations in which the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) principle is pursued.
- Advice on technical purchasing specifications for tenders and approval schemes, assesses tenders on technique and quality qualify/communicate/negotiate with suppliers (TQS) and advises the Purchasing department on suppliers to choose - Conducts tests of (to be) purchased products and draws up/approves the test plans for this purpose. This guarantees the technical quality of the Assets
- Give guidance to failure investigations
- Initiates and supervises innovation proposals and, where these innovation proposals result in successful pilot projects, elaborates the results into technical standards for projects
- Checks basic designs from a technical point of view and thus guarantees the quality of projects
- Advises on the technological solutions to be chosen, if applicable has the solutions developed by the Service Providers or other service providers and tests the proposed solutions for quality
- Advises during the execution of projects from a technical point of view, identifies deviations, intervenes if necessary and suggests possible solutions
- Advises on management issues such as repair times and spare parts and incorporates lessons learned from practice into existing and specifications/standards
- Development of knowledge and supervise PhD students/trainees together with knowledge institutes
- Maintain good relationship and frequent contact within the department which is focused on ownership, connection and courage and builds on open cooperation, knowledge sharing, standardisation and harmonisation. In relation to technological development, you direct and/or contribute content to development:
- The system behaviour of cables in the network, including thermal behaviour, current loads, dynamic load flow aspects and maintainability
- The types of cables present within TenneT (oil pressure, gas pressure and plastic cable systems)
- Innovative cable system solutions for AC/DC cable systems installed on 'land'
- Civil applications and adaptation of / impact on implementation methods and carry out effect studies into the application of new materials or adjustments to the cable system
- You have a TU academic working and thinking level and have at least 5 years of experience in the field of HS cable technology
- You are familiar with the principles, standards and regulations within the high-voltage world and have a demonstrably relevant (international) network
- You are inquisitive and analytical, environmentally aware, persuasive, judgmental and independent and you are clearly visible in the organisation
- You have a helicopter view and deliver results, even under time pressure
- You show passion for the profession and enjoy displaying your knowledge
- Well-developed communication and skills (verbal and written), to the point oral presentation and extensive experience with project-based work
- You are fluent in English (both verbally and in writing) and have good language skills in German and / or Dutch is preferred
- You make an active contribution to a safe working environment for yourself, your colleagues and suppliers
- Location for this function is Arnhem, The Netherlands. Willing to frequently travel and stay in Bayreuth, Germany The Technologist falls hierarchically under the Head of the department
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible function within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package (job level 8 or 9, â‚¬3287 - â‚¬7601 gross per month Cao TSO) with excellent secondary benefits (6% end of year bonus, EUR 60,- gross, health insurance allowance, good pension scheme) as well as good training and development possibilities. Duty location for this position is Arnhem, The Netherlands. Willing to frequently travel and stay in Bayreuth, Germany.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure. At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening. Candidates from the so called 'pre-mobility group' prevail over other internal candidates when having sufficient capabilities. If anyone from the pre-mobility group applies within the prescribed period, the procedure will first be performed with this candidate.
Give your career power! Are you looking for an employer with plenty of innovative projects and who stimulates you to get the best out of yourself every day? You've come to the right place at TenneT.
The Performance Unit Asset Management TenneT (AMT) is responsible for a future-proof and maintainable electricity infrastructure. AMT steers primarily on risk and performance of the infrastructure. AMT identifies bottlenecks and estimates the risk of these bottlenecks. AMT is responsible for drawing up mitigating measures and prioritizing these measures. Next, AMT commissions the realization of the chosen measures. AMT also tests and accepts modifications to the infrastructure made by Service Providers in line with predetermined requirements and frameworks. In addition, AMT is the owner of the Asset data and Asset documentation.