This will be your workplace
Hey! Are you interested in energy planning and have a desire to contribute to the energy transition? Then you've come to the right place! We are looking for an enthusiastic student to start in December 2021 in Arnhem for the duration of 3 months (32-40 hours). Within this internship, you will be working in the Grid Analysis department within Energy System Planning. This department looks into the future grid planning by performing load flow and stability studies. The department is responsible for the TenneT investment plan for the 220 and 380 kV grids and involved in several internal and external grid and stability studies.
This will be our challenge
TenneT is growing fast to realize its strategic ambitions. We play a leading role in driving the energy transition. Recruitment of new talent plays a crucial role in this growth ambition. We are looking for a passionate intern who will contribute to this and that might be you?
In the changing energy landscape the number of synchronous machines is decreasing whilst there is a significant increase in the amount of converter-based generators (e.g. wind and solar PV). Due to the replacement of synchronous generators by converter-based generators the total system inertia ('spinning mass') reduces, making the system more sensitive to frequency changes in case of a disturbance. This poses challenges to the frequency stability of the power system, specifically parameters like RoCoF (Rate of Change of Frequency) and frequency nadir (minimum frequency) are affected.
Your contribution to TenneT
To get more insight in the future system behaviour of the Dutch and interconnected European system, two Matlab/Simulink model were created. The models can be used to simulate the frequency response of the Dutch (and/or European) power system in case of a disturbance. They give an insight in the RoCoF and nadir which could be expected. Currently only a part of these models have been validated and the student is asked to make a comparison between the two by simulating relevant disturbances (e.g. trip of large generator or load, sudden islanding of the NL grid) for different future scenarios
Your Profile and background
This internship might be for you if:
- You possess strong analytical skills, with a pro-active attitude;
- You have an understanding in the power system behaviour;
- A WO study level, preferably an electrical power engineering master;
- Knowledge of MatLab/Simulink;
- Preferably knowledge in either PPS/E or PowerFactory.
- TenneT offers you an exciting and responsible internship in a pleasant working environment;
- We like to challenge you professionally;
- You will be part of a great team full of colleagues and they will receive you will open arms!;
- At TenneT we believe in a healthy work / life balance and there is room for flexibility
- We offer a good internship allowance (300-500 euros);
- Thank to the challenging day-to-day work, you expert colleagues are always there for develop your skills at lightning speed.
In our online-application-form you can apply within only some minutes until 6th of November. After receiving your application, we will come back to you as soon as possible.
For further questions regarding the recruiting process please contact:
Loes de Koningh
People | Talent Acquisition
phone number: +31 (0)6 42 19 07 56
People | Talent Acquisition
phone number: +31 (88) 936 7689