Wat doe je als Policy Advisor Transmission Services bij TenneT?
What do you do as a policy maker?
- You research and follow developments in the field of transmission services based on (European) relevant laws and regulations
- You anticipate and advise on embedding changes in regulations in the organization.
- You make policy and establish frameworks in the field of transmission services and you are also responsible for the implementation.
- You lobby among policy makers and maintain close contacts in the chain with the other involved TenneT departments
- You translate developments in the energy transition into consequences for energy transport and devise concepts for business operations, thereby identifying opportunities and risks.
- You take account for the internal position with regard to relevant regulations and political developments and propagate this position internally / externally.
- You develop and test policy within relevant projects (for example: implementation of European network codes).
- You represent TenneT in national and international consultations such as ENTSO-E and other European working groups.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
What do we expect from you?
- You have an university degree, with a background in electrical engineering.
- You are analytically strong and have a great conceptual mind.
- You are willing to travel, because sometimes there are meetings abroad.
Which competences do you bring?
- The following competencies are well developed for you: result orientation, flexibility, initiative, communication and advice skills.
- You are a real team player, a self-starter, who has a positive critical attitude
- You are environmentally sensitive and you dare to speak out.
- It is an advantage if you have knowledge and experience in the energy sector, especially in the field of energy transport.
- You have excellent writing skills in both Dutch and English and preferably a good command of German
Wat kun je verwachten?
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible function within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package (Cao TSO job level 8/9) with excellent secondary benefits as well as good training and development possibilities. Duty station for this function is Arnhem.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
Please send your application and CV in English.
Waar kom je te werken?
With over 23,500 kilometers of high-voltage connections on land and in the sea and with around 5,000 employees, TenneT is one of the largest electricity transmission companies in Europe. Our highest priority is a safe and uninterrupted electricity supply for our 41 million end users in the Netherlands and Germany.
The electrical power system of TenneT is in the middle of a transition that is significantly increasing the complexity also of system operations. This change is driven by political, regulatory, environmental and technological background. Therefore System Operations needs to be prepared for the challenges ahead of us. To make that a success we in the Transmission Services Department take care that all necessary policies, tools and processes are in place and are up-to date in order to successfully manage and fulfill our important task to guarantee an all-time secure energy transmission.
Next to that, we enable the energy transition and the further integration of the Northwest European energy market. TenneT is known for the innovative projects with which we put our mission into practice: taking power further.
The Transmission Services department is looking for you as Policy Advisor to support us in these challenging and exciting topics.
TenneT is a certified Top Employer, which means that we are highly committed to creating the best working environment for our employees.