Wat doe je als Data Engineer (Arnhem, 1 FTE)(IT Software Specialist) bij TenneT?
TenneT has the strategy to advance the use of data and analytics to the benefit of internal operations and to society to facilitate the energy transition. This is realized by development of the TenneT Data Platform (TDP). On TDP an extensive portfolio of innovative use cases is being developed. For instance: forecasting the infeed of renewable energy sources and predictive maintenance of assets within the electricity grid.
To support the development and implementation of these innovative use cases on the TDP dedicated DevOps team are formed. Apart from realizing use cases, these teams are also involved in extending and maintaining the platform and big-data capabilities.
As data engineer you will join our multinational Dev/Ops team to create and implement solutions for data science projects and to ensure stable operations. We are committed to following an Agile way of working, with sprints and demos every two weeks, aiming for frequent releases of working software. We cooperate with internal and external experts from different knowledge domains to discover and build the best solutions possible.
- Design, build, test, deploy and maintain data processing applications with proper performance, fault handling, logging and monitoring;
- Ensure the quality of deliverables by designing and implementing tests on unit and integration levels;
- Troubleshooting, analyzing, and solving issues from tests as well as those reported by our customers;
- Writing or updating product documentation;
- Suggesting improvements to our technical solutions and way of working, and implementing them in alignment with your team;
- Participate in team knowledge sharing, design reviews and technical reviews;
- Conduct data and analytics related discussions with customers;
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- You have a completed Bachelor or Master degree from a technical IT faculty;
- At least 5 years of experience in Python software development.
- At least 2 years of experience in developing enterprise applications running production loads and developed following the 12 factor methodology. The candidate must be able to demonstrate his/her experience by means of portfolio, demo, git commits of previous work and/or any other way the candidate is reasonably able to;
- Demonstrable data-engineering experience in a largely Open Source environment. Technologies such as Nifi, Kafka, Hadoop ecosystems (HDFS, Hive, Impala), Git, Jenkins, Docker are no mystery to you. The candidate should expect a technical assessment during the interview.
- Experience with data ingestion, data storage, data processing and data security principles;
- Proven experience in agile working environments;
- Candidate has a Dev/Ops mentality;
- Strong team player with a "getting it done" mentality;
- You must have solid communication and cooperation skills;
- Fluency in Dutch and English. Fluency in German is a plus.
Wat kun je verwachten?
TenneT offers a high profile and responsible function within an interesting and dynamic international working environment. TenneT offers an excellent salary with good secondary benefits. Last but not least we also offer good training and development possibilities.
You will receive a salary with excellent secundary conditions as regulated by the sector-CAO TSO such as:
- Salary indication: Scale 7, €3.122,- - €5.719,- gross per month based on 40 hours per week (depending on knowledge and experience);
- Minimal 39 vacation days;
- year end payment (6% of gross year salary);
- contribution of € 60,- gross per month for health insurance;
- flexible working hours and working at home is possible;
An assessment can be part of the procedure.
Waar kom je te werken?
Tennet is Europe's first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 22,000 kilometres of (extra) high-voltage lines and 41 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety & Security are core values of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further.