This will be your workplace
BritNed is organised as joint venture between the TSOs TenneT and National Grid while acting as the owner and operator of the high voltage direct current Interconnector linking the electricity markets of Great Britain and The Netherlands. We are an international organisation combining innovative technical and commercial expertise. Our employees are highly skilled and motivated people who are proud of 'their’ company. They work as one team with one vision joining the expertise of both TenneT and National Grid. Since BritNed is both a merchant interconnector and a TSO, this role is a great opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of all relevant areas and aspects of this business within a dynamic and international context. For more information on BritNed, please visit our website: www.britned.com .
This will be our challenge
BritNed operates as merchant interconnector and strives to deliver unparalleled efficiency and reliability to support security of supply and the further integration of the European Energy Market to enable the energy transition. We are looking for a passionate Commercial Analyst who will contribute to this. Will this be you?
Your contribution to TenneT
BritNed is a dynamic and international company with a variety of commercial functions. The Senior Commercial Analyst works in a team which is involved in a broad range of activities to support our continuous business within the following areas:
- Monitoring our current and future commercial costs and risks and propose improvement measures to asset handling and commercial procedures;
- Development of new concepts or guide changes of existing concepts;
- Develop business processes for the launch of new products or regulatory changes;
- Participate in (IT and business process related) implementation projects and in compliance projects;
- Organise internal and external training and certification sessions;
- Be part of the further digitalisation and BI driven automation efforts of BritNed
- The successful applicant will also go on call one week in four and will be part of the team that responds in the event that the interconnector fails to limit commercial imbalance exposures.
Your Profile and background
- Master or bachelor degree in business economics, informatics, electrical engineering (or similar field);
- Good organizational skills and the ability to keep track of multiple activities at once;
- Good / advanced understanding and experience in project management;
- Good team player with hands-on mentality;
- Understanding of regulated electricity markets, market concepts and electricity trading;
- Excellent analytical skills, transforming data into information. Coding skills are a benefit (Python, Java, C, etc.);
- Ability to handle stressful situations and keeping oversight on what is important in high pressure situations;
- Good oral and written communications skills in English, in particular the ability to summarise complex processes, weighing up all of the relevant factors and giving recommendations;
- Since BritNed is a dynamic environment a high level of flexibility and willingness to travel internationally is needed.
Your employer will be TenneT and you work for BritNed. All TenneT rewards & benefits are applicable. We offer a challenging and responsible function within an innovative and dynamic international working environment (duty station Arnhem). TenneT offers you a competitive salary package (Cao TSO job level 8 between €3.287 - € 6.746) with excellent secondary benefits as well as good training and development possibilities.
In our online-application-form you can apply within only some minutes. Afterwards we screen your application and get back to you as soon as possible. Vacancy closes at January 7th 2022. Send us your application including your CV and a motivation letter. Applications with only a send CV are not taken into considiration.
For further questions regarding the recruiting process please contact:
People | Talent Acquisition
+31 (0) 6 2214 8669