Duty location for this position is Arnhem, The Netherlands
Your tasks and responsibilities
You navigate and monitor progress on the way to achieve the project's strategic goals and support the responsible program leads and project leads to make the best possible decisions. In this role you manage the finance operation an you are responsible for in time, reliable and accurate corporate project planning, forecasting and reporting. You support and safeguard the financial well-being of TenneT while taking into account the benefits of all stakeholders as if you were the CFO of the project. You ensure the fair presentation of (non) financial information and advocates predictability, reliability and transparency as fundamentals for trust. Develop a strong relation with the responsible program leads and project leads in order to guide the unit in achieving their goals. Also you actively contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the department of Business Guidance.
For example, you deal with questions such as:
- Is the performance in line with what was planned and does this affect the future estimations reported?
- In what way can we reach the scope but respect the financial boundaries given - are efficiency improvements still to be found?
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
Your activities can vary from week to week and from season to season. You will switch smoothly between retrospective tasks, such as the timely and correct reporting of program of project performance, and the more prospective financial prognoses, analyses, assessments and ad-hoc assignments.
- Analysing the progress of the activities within a project in terms budget, time, quality and scope to signal opportunities and threats and to ensure that mitigating actions are initiated;
- Ensure actual insight in the complexity and risks of a project, being able to challenge the risks and corresponding mitigating measures and the financial implications of the mitigating measures in the financial forecasts;
- Realisation and assurance of timely, reliable, transparent and steering-relevant (financial) information so that the right decisions are taken for TenneT and business processes and results are optimised;
- Financial coordination: responsible for all planning & control activities such as budgeting & forecasting, financial and management reporting according to the agreed quality and timeliness of periodic reports;
- Active member of the program team and sparring partner of program leads and project leads for the purpose of achieving the objectives through solicited and unsolicited advice (you are the 'financial conscience', with a 'straight back');
- Contribution to the objectives of TenneT and the program and / or project by (pro) actively managing opportunities and risks and increasing measurable predictability of (financial) results;
- Support in preparing and reviewing the appropriate project governance documents for the Sub Portfolio Boards, Investment Board and Future Design Committee;
- Contributing to the set up and tracking of developments in Business Case Calculations (in particular the financial forecasts and the financial paragraph).
We would like to hire a business-focussed financial who actively contributes to the growth of the company and is able to link the business drivers to financial impacts. An innovative and creative person, who shows the natural capability to cope with change and quickly changing dynamics. Who can operate autonomously with courage and creates a strong helicopter view and structures work processes within the responsible domain.
- You have a proven (academic) working / thinking- level and a relevant degree in eg. Business Economics, Business Administration. With at least 5 years of relevant (multi-cultural) work experience in the field of Project Control;
- Project Control experience within an complex IT projects is a big plus;
- You have experience with process and quality management and you are able to implement and stimulate changes;
- Experience with IFRS is preferable;
- You are analytically strong, have a convincing independent judgment and you are results- and solution-oriented;
- You are focused on collaboration and you can challenge, with the TenneT interest as the starting point;
- You take responsibility, you are result-oriented and have a focus on results, processes and quality; always looking for improvements and you actively contribute to that;
- You are politically and organisationally sensitive, but remain honest and straight at all times;
- You have experience with the use of ERP systems and Excel doesn’t have much secrets for you anymore;
- You are willing to travel if necessary between the locations of Arnhem and Bayreuth (Germany);
- You are fluent in English;
- Last but not least, you also do like to have a laugh and fun.
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible position within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package (job level 9 -Euro 3735-7601 gross a month on ft basis- Cao TSO) with excellent secondary benefits (eg; fixed 6% end of year bonus, monthly EUR 60,- gross, health insurance allowance, good pension scheme) as well as good training and development possibilities.
An assessment may be part of the application procedure.
A Pre-Employment Screening is carried out as upon commencement of employment.
With more than 23,500 kilometres of high-voltage connections on land and at sea and some 4,000 employees, TenneT is one of the largest electricity transmission companies in Europe. Our top priority is a safe and uninterrupted electricity supply for our 41 million end users in the Netherlands and Germany. The second priority is to facilitate the energy transition and the further integration of the northwest European energy market.
TenneT is known for the innovative projects with which we are putting our mission into practice: taking power further. TenneT is a certified Top Employer, which means that we are demonstrably committed to creating the best working environment for our employees.
The Business Control/Business Guidance department plays a very prominent role within TenneT in the realisation of the strategic pillar of financial health now and in the future. Having grip on correct and timely financial data now and in the future is essential in order to be accountable and understand the future.