Your tasks and responsibilities
- Within the framework of the TenneT project risk management framework, you implement, develop, manage and where possible improve the existing project risk management system and the associated tools for large projects, in close cooperation with the project teams.
- You organize and facilitate periodic risk sessions, evaluating and analyzing the resulting risks. You assess the quantified financial and time related impact of these risks helping the project team to prioritise various mitigating strategies.
- You monitor and analyse the status of risks and the progress of measures advising project leads, FPL and OPL on potential follow-up actions.
- You have a supporting and advisory role towards the project leads, e.g. OPL and FPL, in making important choices.
- You are responsible for the design of risk management policies and procedures within the projects NW380 and ZWW380 from the pre-tender phase, including coordination with contractors on this subject.
- You make the connections between the strategic, departmental and project risks and provide input for the reporting and analysis of risks at TenneT's project portfolio level.
- You actively participate in the international specialist group Project Risk Management, consisting of the project risk managers of all onshore and offshore projects; you bring in 'best practices' and your knowledge about (inter)national developments around project risk management within large infrastructure projects, contribute points for improvement, provide input for the further development of the project risk management rules within TenneT and ensure a uniform implementation of this project and inform management and project teams.
- The Project Risk Manager is part of the BGD/ RC-RM function and reports hierarchically and functionally to the Lead Project Risk Management and operationally to the related projects FPLs.
- Your educational background is in Business Administration/Economics or Industrial Engineering.
- The position requires at least 5 years of relevant job experience with a proven track record in risk management preferably within large infrastructure Projects.
- Hands-on experience in using risk management tools like Active Risk Manager and performing Monte-Carlo analysis.
- You can keep track of the ˜big picture" and are able to manage several projects at the same time; you respond adequately to developments inside and outside TenneT in relation to risk Management.
- You are self-starter and have excellent analytical skills with the ability to structure and organize.
- You have coordinating and moderating skills just like expertise in communication, reporting and presenting on various levels in the organization.
- You are a team-player, proactive, an excellent networker and the living example for ownership, connection and courage.
- You form your own opinion and are open to the opinions of others; equally you do not hide away from taking an independent position and have powers of persuasion.
- You create engagement and ensure knowledge sharing in the organization.
- A strong intrinsic motivation to drive continuous improvement and business excellence distinguishes you.
- You have experience in systems engineering and Monte Carlo analysis as well as basic knowledge of statistics.
- You speak and write both English and Dutch (or German) fluently
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible function within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package (salary level 9 between €3735 and €7601 conform cao TSO) with excellent secondary benefits as well as good training and development possibilities.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure. At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
Due to the international character of our organisation we would like to request for a resume in English.
The Business Guidance department is responsible for the project control within Grid Field Operations.